8k
Mid-2015 will mark five years since I left New York. Lots has changed since then -- some bad, some good, and now I find myself in Toronto (TO) living with my significant other.
One thing that changed was my running, and I struggle all the time now with trying to get back the passion that I once had for the sport. My obsession has all but dropped away and now it takes a great amount of self-persuasion to get out the door. When I do, the running is slow, plodding, and often I can't find the energy no matter how deep I dig down. I feel like the weight will never come off -- there's not that much, I admit, but this spare tire is definitely inflating. I long for those days when my music inspired me, I was light on my feet, and was surrounded by an encouraging, supportive group similar to myself.
Today I got out for 8k, and it wasn't bad. Listened to some U2, and reflected on things. It was a very casual run and I was just happy that I was able to finish without walking. during my jog I considered the prospect of doing another marathon. I need to make a schedule; do some planning.
It's supposed to be a very cold week here, so it's probably a good time to start up again and look at just going out every second or third day. Fingers crossed that I have it in me.
One thing that changed was my running, and I struggle all the time now with trying to get back the passion that I once had for the sport. My obsession has all but dropped away and now it takes a great amount of self-persuasion to get out the door. When I do, the running is slow, plodding, and often I can't find the energy no matter how deep I dig down. I feel like the weight will never come off -- there's not that much, I admit, but this spare tire is definitely inflating. I long for those days when my music inspired me, I was light on my feet, and was surrounded by an encouraging, supportive group similar to myself.
Today I got out for 8k, and it wasn't bad. Listened to some U2, and reflected on things. It was a very casual run and I was just happy that I was able to finish without walking. during my jog I considered the prospect of doing another marathon. I need to make a schedule; do some planning.
It's supposed to be a very cold week here, so it's probably a good time to start up again and look at just going out every second or third day. Fingers crossed that I have it in me.
Labels: daily grind, running, Toronto


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home