Restraint
I've never been so pleased to miss a race. I'd signed up for today's 4-miler in Central Park, but my head just wasn't into racing. I'd somehow gotten it into my head that for whatever reason, I would do as many races as I could this year. I've been doing so many lately, and while it's been great having one PR after another, I've been starting to feel somewhat rundown. So with the help of the rain as a mild deterrent, I decided to exercise some caution and moderation, listen to my body, and skip the race.
My original plan was to run four to the start and then race four. Instead, I did an easy two warm-up, then a steady six mile loop. So in the end I did the same mileage, but I didn't kill myself. That capped off this week with 66+ miles. This coming week ease I'll up on the mileage, so that I can be a bit rested to race the Queens Half on Saturday.
My original plan was to run four to the start and then race four. Instead, I did an easy two warm-up, then a steady six mile loop. So in the end I did the same mileage, but I didn't kill myself. That capped off this week with 66+ miles. This coming week ease I'll up on the mileage, so that I can be a bit rested to race the Queens Half on Saturday.
Labels: running


1 Comments:
very smart move yesterday. keep your eyes on the big prize. (even if it wasnt raining, i had no desire to do the race...though it was my "anniversary" NYRR race.)
i know how easy it is to get sucked into doing a lot of races, especially since they're such social events as well..."flyer-itis" is what i've heard that be referred to as...
<< Home