Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Evolution

Last night was another social night, of the running variety. I did four miles solo, followed by a six mile loop of the park with the Flyers. I ran with some of the faster club members, as they recovered from Queens and I pushed forward with training for Vermont. A couple of people cut out early and I ran the rest of the loop with one particular guy that I've never really talked much with before. He's usually so far ahead of me in the races, like so many of the faster crowd, that it took me a long time to meet him. Really good chap, and was very encouraging about my running, like many of my fellow club members. He's one of those guys that, when he told me his marathon PR, it sounded so fast that my gut reaction was just "Wow." I discussed my goals for the year with him, and we parted ways at Engineer's Gate. Later, when I got home, I thought about it a bit more and realised that my marathon goal time puts me less than ten minutes from his PR. I'm really almost there.

Wow, indeed.

Labels:

0 Comments:

<< Home