Monday, September 11, 2006

Monday Group Run

Eight+ miles tonight with the Flyers. It was supposed to be just 7.75, but I just missed the subway at 96th street, so I ran up to 103rd, where I caught the next train just in the nick of time.

Good run, but I was running late from work and rushed to get to the start. One of my favourite english people was there, and I hadn't seen her in some time, so we ran together. Good to catch up. Luckily she was injured, so I could keep up with her. She was trying to pursuade me to write my blog more about dating, and she gave me some good advice on the topic, too.

Also met a brunette gal from Chicago. Next time out, maybe I'll get to chat some more. Glad your hip held out for your inaugural Flyers run.

A Canadian woman also attended tonight, trying to invade my Flyers territory. Sigh... I suppose there's enough room in the club for multiple northerners.

And my hip feels good. We'll see what Buck's got to say about it tomorrow.
Wish me luck with Buck!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger brunettechicagogal said...

It was great to meet you in person, Skylight, along with JBL and Sister Smile.

I was a bit disoriented when we came out of the park; I thought we were much farther north. Had I realized you all were headed to the 96th Street subway, I'd have just gone down to 66th from there.

I didn't realize you'd frontloaded your mileage, so double congrats on your longest post-injury run to date! My right abductor, hamstring and adductor are a bit tight and sore today -- drat; I thought I'd moved on from this business! My next step is going to be accupuncture.

9/12/06, 1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

for some reason, I always end up running more than I expected at Flyer runs! Sounds like a great run though. Will you, by any chance, be doing a part of the LTR this weekend?

runner26

9/12/06, 8:33 PM  
Blogger Skylight said...

You, know, runner26, I hadn't even considered doing part of the LTR this weekend, thinking an 8.75 mile run doesn't really qualify as a long run worthy of participation in the LTR? Wish someone had mentioned it earlier, but unfortunately, the event is sold out, so I guess the point is moot.

brunettechicagogirl, it was excellent to finally put a face to the pseudonym last night. And as for your run, you actually did over six and a half by the time you left the park with us bloggers. JBL and sister smile run home. I take the subway.

I'd have to say that after doing that much mileage, and your longest run yet, I'd expect you would be sore, especially in the injury zone. You are, after all, *recovering* from an injury, and not recovered. I'm also sore, but there's a big difference between the sharp, shooting pain I used to get and the minor ache I feel now after a long run. If you are getting big-time pain, then don't run, and get more treatment. If, however, you can run nearly seven miles like you did last night with only some next day tightness and aches, it is my entirely uneducated opinion that you are well on you're way back. Congrats, and start looking ahead to some great group runs as a Flyer!

9/12/06, 8:58 PM  
Blogger nyflygirl said...

The LTR isn't sold out if you lead a pace group with other Flyers...and I know they can always use help with the last 2 loops (so that would be 9 miles.) it's not too late-you should consider it!! i'm sure any distance would be appreciated.

9/12/06, 10:28 PM  
Blogger brunettechicagogal said...

I like your assessment, Skylight. The more I think about it, you're right -- this body hasn't done that distance since December, actually, so I guess I am on my way back.

9/12/06, 11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha--i was going to say what nyflygirl said! You can even pace for 6 miles if you want. It's fun!

runner26

9/14/06, 7:11 PM  
Blogger Skylight said...

Actually it was a good suggestion, and I was considering it, but after having done a "long" 8 miles on Monday, I've only got four on my schedule for Saturday, and that's hardly going to get me to the park and back. Six or eight is just too much mileage for this point in my recovery. Next Year!

Have a good run though, both of you.

9/14/06, 10:34 PM  

<< Home