Wednesday, July 19, 2006

This Body is Busy

I actually had intended to get all my friends really drunk on Saturday and get them to promise to help me move this weekend, but that plan entirely backfired. Instead, my friends got me really drunk on Saturday and I ended up moving myself temporarily to Brooklyn that night. Anyway, I was going to write a whole post following up my birthday week to summarize what I ended up getting up to and how great it was to see all my friends, and how much I appreciate them, blah, blah, blah... I was going to make it really heartfelt and sappy. Really. But this is a bad week to try to pen those thoughts in the meaningful way that they deserve, so my blog will have to take a rain check on that one.

Work this week has suddenly unleashed a fury on me unequalled in recent months. I've gone from strictly focusing on just a couple of projects, to being stretched in six different directions. First, the West Street reconstruction job is winding down, so I've got to be on site to see that it's finished off properly, and there are a few issues with that one. Then, suddenly I'm involved in a very important proposal, which is new for me, and I'm expected to make a very short presentation tomorrow, and we're having a rehearsal meeting with the other consultants this afternoon. On another project I'm involved with, we have a drawing package submission on Friday, so I'm up to my eyeballs in CAD work as well. I also have two physiotherapy appointments, which unfortunately cannot be rushed through, and the 6-week follow-up appointment with my orthopedic sports doctor today to find out my status on the injury front. I tried putting that one off for next week, but they can't fit me in before August if I postpone.

That probably doesn't sound that busy, but top all that off with the fact that I am moving Saturday, fitting anything in between packing boxes is nothing less than a challenge. There was a social event tonight that I was going to go to strictly with the intentions of meeting women, which after recent events, I have decided it is important for me to do. I do think I need to start dating more, but making that kind of social time this week is a pipe dream for me, so once again the potential for me to build a love-life is sacrificed for work and other crap. Instead, tonight I'll try to finish the bulk of the packing, so that I might socialise with friends later in the week, even though no romantic prospects are involved.

And I've missed the last two nights of running. I don't want to fall too far behind in rebuilding, so I might try to fit a short one in tonight before packing... Oh, I forgot - they're all short ones now.

I'm excited about the move. It looks like I might actually have enough help to get it over with quickly. Medley, however, is not excited at all. With the chaos surrounding packing, she retreats to the bathroom, the only unchanged area of the apartment, and curls up under the sink, unknowing of what lay ahead in her life.

So I'll likely have no more blogs until the move is over. I might chime in briefly about what the doctor says, though. I've got my fingers crossed on that one.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous said...

Blah blah blah, we appreciate you too. Have fun packing tomorrow.

7/20/06, 11:17 PM  

<< Home