Sunday, July 09, 2006

Weekend Update

As for other things, the weekend went alright. Friday out with the Flyers was better than it first promised to be. A roof deck party at Sutton Place, and after paying for the first way-too-expensive round between me and the friend I walked in with, and then fighting through the incredibly overcrowded patio, I really only expected to stay for the one beer and then shove off to much more comfortable quarters. However, once my ass was lucky enough to find a chair and some good people to chat with, I didn't feel the need to order more drinks, nor leave. So I actually had a good time, and would probably go back there again (although not very likely on a Friday night).

Saturday morning, after running 3.5 miles, I stopped off at my office and Paragon Sports for a couple of quick errands. I actually got good, attentive service at Paragon, which blew my mind. I wrote it off as an anomaly: someone who just likely hasn't worked there long enough to know that they just don't do that there.

Later, I was off to my friends' two-year-old's birthday b-b-q party in South Orange. Lots of kids there who were unusually well-behaved. There was even a toddler working the bar (she kept taking beer out of the ice bucket and bringing them to people). It was a beautiful day, a nice way to spend the afternoon, and I got back home for an early evening.

Conversely, Sunday was also such a beautiful day and I never left my apartment. A friend had invited me to an exclusive in-crowd World Cup Party, but after assessing what I needed to get done that day, I declined. I fully expect to be shunned by that elitist clique now and for years to come. There is a private joke in there for at least one of my readers. Plus I had banked on France winning (although I have no credible reasons why I thought this) so I'm glad I didn't have to show my face amidst the Italian humiliation that would have been cast down upon me.

Anyway, I spent the day working on a ongoing personal project as well as beginning the grand task of packing. I realise that next weekend I'll be fully preoccupied with getting older, and I move the following Saturday. I made progress towards both my goals, although I'm not as far along with either as I'd like. I still have a lot to pack.

And tomorrow I'm dreading being back at the office.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous said...

You are shunned! Could have used your help supporting France, though. Three against eight; it was pretty ugly.

7/10/06, 9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes! you weren't before, but you are now. (while we held our own, a little more support on the French side would've been nice.)

U.

7/11/06, 10:30 PM  

<< Home