Meanwhile, three weeks later. . .
I ran today, for the first time since the Vermont City Marathon fiasco. I ran about 4 or so miles of the Father's Day race in Central Park, just jogging most of that distance, and briskly walking the rest of the race. Somehow poetic, the weather in the park today was much like the marathon three weeks ago.
I felt fine during, but stiff and sore later. My hip was sore, but not quite in the same place as before, a little higher, and it felt more like muscle soreness than the bursitis acting up, but I'm not sure. I couldn't tell if this was just due to not running for awhile, or running after the deep massage at physio a couple of days previous.
Anyway, I finally feel like I can start to rebuild again, and maybe show my I'm-so-embarrassed-that-I'm-injured face at Flyers's events and runs, and maybe even go to the next happy hour.
Slowly but surely, I'll be back. I hope.
I felt fine during, but stiff and sore later. My hip was sore, but not quite in the same place as before, a little higher, and it felt more like muscle soreness than the bursitis acting up, but I'm not sure. I couldn't tell if this was just due to not running for awhile, or running after the deep massage at physio a couple of days previous.
Anyway, I finally feel like I can start to rebuild again, and maybe show my I'm-so-embarrassed-that-I'm-injured face at Flyers's events and runs, and maybe even go to the next happy hour.
Slowly but surely, I'll be back. I hope.


2 Comments:
You will be back, and you'll be stronger than you were before. Of that, I have no doubt!!
yes, you will be back.
also-there's no need to be embarassed about being injured-the one thing i've learned is that it happens to the best of us.
speaking from my own experience, yeah, there were times where it was too tough to see others out running when i couldn't, it did help in the long run to get out and be social, going to whatever non-running events i could. and i always found the flyers to be very supportive-no one got on my case or lectured me on being injured.
<< Home