Feel the Love
Better late than never... Happy Valentine's Day!!! Hope all the couples out there are keeping each other warm on this blustery evening.
Me, I kept myself warm by doing just short of ten miles in Central Park after work. I psyched myself up all day for the run - thinking of it as a challenge! The next two days may be similarly challenging, given the forecast of wind and cold. I have to say the footing in the park wasn't great, but not as bad as I expected, and the nighttime scenery was picturesque, with the covering of fresh, white snow. This was unlike the rest of the city, which has quickly turned into a slushy grey mess.
But slushy mess or not, I'm in a good mood, and with good reason.
I've always held the rather cynical belief that wherever you (or I, as it were) work, there's always going to be someone you just don't get along with. This has been true at the last three places that I've worked at. Some of these people are better than others, but regardless, when it comes right down to it, they always bring a dark cloud into the office and rain on everyone else's parade. That person, in my current office, is the a*shole I spoke of last week.
Anyway, there's also an offshoot belief to the above one, and that is this: That person will never leave. S/he always seems to stay at his/her job forever, a constant pain in the ass.
But those beliefs were turned upside-down this week: the a*shole gave her two weeks notice. When she announced it, my colleagues and I could barely keep from jumping for joy at the awesomeness of the news, while sitting there saying, "Awww, I'm so sorry to hear that you'll be leaving us." I truly cannot tell you how happy I am, after having to work with her for the past three years.
Now granted, my colleagues and I have also discussed the "be carefull what you wish for" phenomenon. That is, there is always the possibility that someone far worse replaces her.
But for now, I'm just focusing on the positive. Good riddance to her.
Feel the love, kids. Feel the love.
Me, I kept myself warm by doing just short of ten miles in Central Park after work. I psyched myself up all day for the run - thinking of it as a challenge! The next two days may be similarly challenging, given the forecast of wind and cold. I have to say the footing in the park wasn't great, but not as bad as I expected, and the nighttime scenery was picturesque, with the covering of fresh, white snow. This was unlike the rest of the city, which has quickly turned into a slushy grey mess.
But slushy mess or not, I'm in a good mood, and with good reason.
I've always held the rather cynical belief that wherever you (or I, as it were) work, there's always going to be someone you just don't get along with. This has been true at the last three places that I've worked at. Some of these people are better than others, but regardless, when it comes right down to it, they always bring a dark cloud into the office and rain on everyone else's parade. That person, in my current office, is the a*shole I spoke of last week.
Anyway, there's also an offshoot belief to the above one, and that is this: That person will never leave. S/he always seems to stay at his/her job forever, a constant pain in the ass.
But those beliefs were turned upside-down this week: the a*shole gave her two weeks notice. When she announced it, my colleagues and I could barely keep from jumping for joy at the awesomeness of the news, while sitting there saying, "Awww, I'm so sorry to hear that you'll be leaving us." I truly cannot tell you how happy I am, after having to work with her for the past three years.
Now granted, my colleagues and I have also discussed the "be carefull what you wish for" phenomenon. That is, there is always the possibility that someone far worse replaces her.
But for now, I'm just focusing on the positive. Good riddance to her.
Feel the love, kids. Feel the love.


5 Comments:
LOL, sure you want to be careful about what you wish for but at the moment, enjoy:)
As for the run, it actually is a lot of fun to enjoy the park on nights like that.
mmm hmmm, i have first-hand experience of "be careful what you wish for" at work (which i will tell you off the blog sometime)
so what will you and your colleagues be doing to celebrate in 2 weeks?
In two weeks? You've got to be kidding, flygirl... We went out drinking on Tuesday to celebrate!
Yeah, I was the first one to warn the others about "be careful what you wish for", but I agree with uptown girl, for now I'll just enjoy it!
Enjoy while you can... And who knows, the new person might be great. They might even be a runner!
Ding dong, the witch is dead, the witch is dead. Ding dong, the witch is dead today!
<< Home