Monday, April 16, 2007

Me - now with more culture

As I said recently, I need to go to a museum. So I did. Friday (I was off work) I got up and headed over to the Museum of the City of New York. I'd never been before, and was very interested.

I can't say that the museum's ongoing exhibitions, about New York's beginnings as a trading settlement, and New York interiors from 1690-1906, really blew me away. However, It does have a temporary exhibit on the work of Robert Moses that was really cool. Moses, love him or hate him, had arguably the most impact that any one single person has had on the planning of New York City, and it was fascinating to see such a retrospective assembled together like that. It even made me think about writing an article for the newsletter... once I'm no longer editor.

Anyone interested in New York's history, or urban planning in general, should check out the exhibit, which is on until May 28th. Other than that, I wouldn't really recommend the museum. Sorry.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

<< Home