Sunday, September 24, 2006

Really Freakin' Bored.

I went out Friday night, but the rest of the weekend, I had no plans. Normally I dream of weekends like this, but this one has just blown by with me merely observing it from afar. Usually I think: Wow, an unplanned weeked! I can catch up on work/go to a museum/hang out with friends/do some reading/see a movie/catch a band. Etcetera. But not this weekend. Not a god damned thing, except notice that Medley does nothing except sleep all day, and that seems like the most appealing idea around.

I'm in a funk, which is due to some personal life crap that my mind is picking at. This too shall pass, but it's a shame that I'm wasting a perfectly good weekend over it. I'm just really unmotivated. Yesterday I never left the apartment, and today had it not been for the run this morning, I probably still wouldn't have left. Now it's almost 2 PM and I don't know what to get up to.

But I should go out. It is New York City, after all. There's gotta be something to do outside this place.

Oh, and now it's raining. Sigh.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger brunettechicagogal said...

You are in a funk indeed! I must say the weather doesn't help. It was all dreary over in Rhode Island as well. Whenever I feel like you do right now, I find it definitely helps to just get out among the living. I usually head downtown because there's so much to see, and I'm never bored below 14th Street, even if I just wander the streets aimlessly. It's one of the things about New York that I love.

Hope your cloud lifts soon. Your running looks to be going well, right?

9/24/06, 2:20 PM  
Blogger runner26 said...

FWIW (see, I learned that from you), it wasn't that great of a weekend. It rained, it was humid and sticky, and being outside was not all that enjoyable. I think we've all had weekends like that. It helps to have a plan and just go for it. You running sounds like it's been going well--maybe you are just readjusting to the new mileage?? I think I'm doing Staten Is too. I will decide by the end of the week. Have you done it before? It seems like a pain to get there, but might be worth it??

9/24/06, 9:18 PM  
Blogger Anonymous said...

As long as the weather holds, you should come over for some boozin' on my roof deck next week.

9/24/06, 9:48 PM  
Blogger Skylight said...

Thanks, brunettechicagogal, I actually just stayed in, but got some work done, so all was not lost. Yes, running's going well, as I mentioned in my earlier post.

runner26, I agree, the weather was too sticky to be enjoyable. I've done all the boroughs except Staten Island, so I'm looking forward to making the trek out there. Hope to see you there!

sister smile, I'm there!

9/24/06, 11:32 PM  

<< Home