My Horrorscope
I find horoscopes entertaining. I read mine once a month on astrologyzone, just for the fun of it. I know they're all bunk, but usually they're pretty positive, so they can serve as kind of a pick-me-up, too.
Normally I check the site at the start of the month, read mine, and then wait till next month. But a colleague was reading hers today and I figured I'd look at mine again. I'd say that there was nothing extraordinary, but actually there was:
Things will continue to build for you and your very best period due in November's third week. The new moon that falls on November 20 could change your life for months, years, or even forever.
Wow. Happy Thanksgiving! But wait, it gets better still:
The most remarkable point about this new moon on November 20 is that just one day later the "luckiest day of the year" is due to arrive, November 21.
Wait, isn't that today? Why, yes it is. So here I am, sitting at my computer figuring out the grading of a synthetic turf soccer/baseball field in the Bronx, and this is as good as it gets? Sheesh!
Of course, it would have to be a Tuesday. Why not salary review day? I guess I can look forward to a good run with my British friend tonight, but can't there be something else? Why can't it be a race day? Maybe I could set a good PR. Maybe I'd win! (It did say "luckiest day of the year," right?) Oh well, there's always next year, isn't there?
Apparently not. All this awesomeness is supposedly due to some sort of orgasmic commingling between the Sun and Jupiter. . . and:
The last meeting similar to this one happened on November 17, 1994. The next pairing of Jupiter to the Sun in Scorpio is due October 26, 2017.
Yes, folks, I am officially on a downward spiral for the next 11 years. Nice.
At least that explains most of my mid-twenties to mid-thirties, though.
So what would you do, knowing that you're going to spend the next decade at a mediocre level? I think I'll cancel tonight's run, and sit around the apartment in my underwear eating junk food.
Mental note: buy ice cream on the way home. That is, right after picking up a few dozen lottery tickets.
Normally I check the site at the start of the month, read mine, and then wait till next month. But a colleague was reading hers today and I figured I'd look at mine again. I'd say that there was nothing extraordinary, but actually there was:
Things will continue to build for you and your very best period due in November's third week. The new moon that falls on November 20 could change your life for months, years, or even forever.
Wow. Happy Thanksgiving! But wait, it gets better still:
The most remarkable point about this new moon on November 20 is that just one day later the "luckiest day of the year" is due to arrive, November 21.
Wait, isn't that today? Why, yes it is. So here I am, sitting at my computer figuring out the grading of a synthetic turf soccer/baseball field in the Bronx, and this is as good as it gets? Sheesh!
Of course, it would have to be a Tuesday. Why not salary review day? I guess I can look forward to a good run with my British friend tonight, but can't there be something else? Why can't it be a race day? Maybe I could set a good PR. Maybe I'd win! (It did say "luckiest day of the year," right?) Oh well, there's always next year, isn't there?
Apparently not. All this awesomeness is supposedly due to some sort of orgasmic commingling between the Sun and Jupiter. . . and:
The last meeting similar to this one happened on November 17, 1994. The next pairing of Jupiter to the Sun in Scorpio is due October 26, 2017.
Yes, folks, I am officially on a downward spiral for the next 11 years. Nice.
At least that explains most of my mid-twenties to mid-thirties, though.
So what would you do, knowing that you're going to spend the next decade at a mediocre level? I think I'll cancel tonight's run, and sit around the apartment in my underwear eating junk food.
Mental note: buy ice cream on the way home. That is, right after picking up a few dozen lottery tickets.
Labels: daily grind, me, trivial stuff


5 Comments:
"sit around the apartment in my underwear eating junk food" -- oh my gosh, I love that!!! Been there, done that. Are you a Leo? Cause I went to astrologyzone just out of curiousity and it says the same thing, Nov. 21 is very good. I mean how good of a day can it possibly be if it's a lucky day for everyone. Remember, we make our own luck.
Yeah, I think you're right, chelly. I'm a Cancer. I guess it's supposed to be a great day for all, but that doesn't make any sense. Wouldn't that mean world peace? Seems improbable, but hey- there's still three hours left in the day. Oh well, at least the future doesn't look so dismal if I'm taking the rest of the population down with me...
I love the visuals this conjures up. I couldn't stop giggling.
I find horoscopes entertaining, but these are a bit different than your traditional Sydney Omarr 'scopes and often reflect what's going on in my life in a sort of eerie way: www.freewillastrology.com
I'm a Libra, and it said for me that 11/21 would be a lucky day financially for me. Dammit, should have bought that lottery ticket...
What a buzz kill. I think I shall continue living my astronomically ignorant life.
<< Home