Taking a breather
Cool out tonight. A little too cool for short sleeves; I should've brought my fleece to work with me to wear home.
Things have lightened up at work considerably as of yesterday. Still, I have a few things that need tending to, so I'll be going in briefly this weekend. Yuck. I may also be getting my just desserts next week after what I submitted today to a client; one of my projects is much farther behind where it should be. I expect to see something unpleasant hit the fan soon.
As for running, my last pre-marathon run was this morning. Unfortunately, I've had a pain in my left hip since Monday night. It's not the hip I previously injured, and it doesn't hurt really bad, but it's been causing me some discomfort all week. This morning I only did three miles, and it's been bugging me all day. Hopefully it's just a minor strain and won't act up during Sunday's race, but if it does get really bad, I'm prepared to drop out, unlike at Vermont. I'd rather just lose a couple of weeks recuperating than to miss Chicago for a second year in a row. I've been stretching and icing all week, religiously, hoping for the best.
Last time I looked, the weather at Long Branch was calling for a 51 low, 63 high, which is pretty good, but also with a 30% precipitation forecast: "a few showers" is what it says. This doesn't seem too bad, but again, I'm crossing my fingers.
Otherwise, things have been going well. I do feel that I'm ready for the marathon. Work is progressing well enough, and I've been pretty generally in good spirits all around.
Not much else to report...
Things have lightened up at work considerably as of yesterday. Still, I have a few things that need tending to, so I'll be going in briefly this weekend. Yuck. I may also be getting my just desserts next week after what I submitted today to a client; one of my projects is much farther behind where it should be. I expect to see something unpleasant hit the fan soon.
As for running, my last pre-marathon run was this morning. Unfortunately, I've had a pain in my left hip since Monday night. It's not the hip I previously injured, and it doesn't hurt really bad, but it's been causing me some discomfort all week. This morning I only did three miles, and it's been bugging me all day. Hopefully it's just a minor strain and won't act up during Sunday's race, but if it does get really bad, I'm prepared to drop out, unlike at Vermont. I'd rather just lose a couple of weeks recuperating than to miss Chicago for a second year in a row. I've been stretching and icing all week, religiously, hoping for the best.
Last time I looked, the weather at Long Branch was calling for a 51 low, 63 high, which is pretty good, but also with a 30% precipitation forecast: "a few showers" is what it says. This doesn't seem too bad, but again, I'm crossing my fingers.
Otherwise, things have been going well. I do feel that I'm ready for the marathon. Work is progressing well enough, and I've been pretty generally in good spirits all around.
Not much else to report...


1 Comments:
GOOD LUCK TODAY!!!!!!!!!
I just checked, it's 55 in Long Branch, same as here. May the great karma of new jersey carry you through a solid race. HEIDI
<< Home