Sunday, May 06, 2007

Return to Running

Today was my first run since last Sunday's marathon. I had thought about joining the group run yesterday, but decided against it, thinking that an extra recuperation day would do me some good.

I only did 5.2 miles, and it was a tough slog. The joints are stiff, my muscles feel old and weak, and I can tell that I'm still genuinely just tired. My hip still hurts, too, although not a lot once I got going.

The 5-Borough Bike Tour was flowing through the park from West Drive up to 7th Ave. I wanted to do the ride years ago, but once I learned how crowded the event is, I quickly lost interest. Too many of my friends who have participated in the event either have had accidents or expressed frustration at how slowly the tour progressed. Too many starts and stops - although I'm sure this depends on where you're placed within the field. I'd rather run the five boroughs anyway.

The rest of the weekend has been busy. I saw Spider-Man 3 during the day on Friday. The movie isn't quite as good as it's predecessors, but a good flick nonetheless. Friday night took me our to see a friend and fellow Flyer for a few beers in Hell's Kitchen. We hadn't chatted much in a while, and it was great to catch up. Last night saw me at a friend's place in the Bronx, meeting up with another group that I hadn't seen in some time. Today, I'll see my oldest Manhattan friend and former roommate and we'll walk over from his place to the Yankee game at one. I really hope they don't lose again, but I'm not holding my breath.

Other than that, I've been interspersing work in between the play, trying to catch up on things that I've fallen behind with. Hopefully by the end of this week, I'll feel like I'm back on top of them. And maybe I can get a few good runs in there as well.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

<< Home