Today and Next Weekend
I went out for 11 today. This was long, slow distance at it's worst. What a slog. I have gotten so slow it's pathetic. Eleven miles was nothing for me 6 months ago. Now it's such a challenge. I woke up pretty congested this morning, though, so I know that the cold I had last week is still lingering a bit. Maybe next weekend 12 miles won't feel so bad, but I won't get my hopes up.
Not sure where I'll be running those 12. I'll be in Quebec for a wedding, so I'll need to do a bit of research into the area where I'm staying; maybe contact a local running club to find out about potential routes. It's a couple that I hang out with in NYC who are getting married. She's from Montreal, and the festivities are taking place at a venue just outside the city, as far as I recall. Not sure about where my hotel is located -- I just went with her recommendation.
On the return from Montreal, I'll be reentering this country and applying to stay another year. I always get nervous this time of year. When I bring my paperwork to the desk, it always seems to come down to whether the guy or gal at Homeland Security is just having a good day or not, with regards to how difficult they can be in processing me. I'll be coming through on Thanksgiving Day (Columbus Day in America) so I'm hoping the busy long weekend traffic makes them more inclined to get me through quickly. Fingers crossed.
Not sure where I'll be running those 12. I'll be in Quebec for a wedding, so I'll need to do a bit of research into the area where I'm staying; maybe contact a local running club to find out about potential routes. It's a couple that I hang out with in NYC who are getting married. She's from Montreal, and the festivities are taking place at a venue just outside the city, as far as I recall. Not sure about where my hotel is located -- I just went with her recommendation.
On the return from Montreal, I'll be reentering this country and applying to stay another year. I always get nervous this time of year. When I bring my paperwork to the desk, it always seems to come down to whether the guy or gal at Homeland Security is just having a good day or not, with regards to how difficult they can be in processing me. I'll be coming through on Thanksgiving Day (Columbus Day in America) so I'm hoping the busy long weekend traffic makes them more inclined to get me through quickly. Fingers crossed.
Labels: Canada, running, social life, travel


3 Comments:
Yikes...good luck with the Homeland folks. I guess I'd be nervous, too, what with all the immigration rigamarole that's flown about recently.
Sorry the run wasn't up to much. Don't you be getting sick; I'm already having trouble fighting bugs off without picking up any more from you.
Good luck with immigratio n. My Montreal pal did that a month ago and flew through with no questions asked, but he was a little anxious about it as well.
Already been sick, all last week, sister. You missed that while you were lazin' around at the beach. It does seem to be enjoying a renewed popularity in my body, though.
This will be the 9th time I've applied for a permit, going into my 8th year. I've had it both ways: no questions asked, and the third degree. You might want to let your friend know, if he's new to it. Unfortunately, there's been no rhyme or reason for it. It's always a bit nerve-wracking.
Thanks both of you for the well wishes.
<< Home