It's Party Time!
Yep, miracle of miracles - I have the weekend off, including at least half a day on Friday! What to do with all the time?! It'll be my first day off in over a month!
Things actually significantly lightened up yesterday when I passed off our Staten Island job to our sub-consultant. I went home on time, actually got a short run in, and watched a Netflix movie (V for Vendetta. It was pretty crappy, but I really dig Natalie Portman. With or without hair, she's awesome). I also got eight hours of sleep last night. Eight hours! Oh, the decadence!
Anyway, despite that fact that I don't have to come in this weekend, there's still a lot of work I need to do. I have no groceries... so I need to spend a day at Pathmark. I also need to clean my apartment: yesterday I thought to myself "hmmm, when did I get carpeting?" and then realized that the cat has just been shedding a lot. Plus I have a bunch of Flyers stuff to attend to... posting meeting minutes, and starting the July issue.
I'm supposed to go out to Long Island with some friends on Saturday, something I committed to some time back, just to force myself to get the day off work. Earlier this week, when it looked like I might not get these drawings out, I though I'd have to cancel it, but I can have some fun after all. Friday night brings me, likely, to an event at Bohemian Hall. Alternatively, there's a Flyer event, but considering that the Beer Garden is one of my favourite NYC hangs, and the Central Park Boathouse is... not, then there isn't much of a contest.
And -- as amazing as it is -- I'm running again! Granted, I've only gone twice this week for a total of 8 whole miles, but it's still running... It came to my attention earlier this week that Chicago is only 17 weeks away, and I went into a mini-panic and did a 4 miler on Tuesday morning. It felt terrible, like I hadn't run in a month (I hadn't). I still intend to do the marathon though, and even if I don't need a Boston Qualifier anymore, I need to start building mileage again... I'm also planning on doing the Father's day race Sunday, but only as a training run (not by choice, given the shape I'm in). The downside to all of this is that I'm still going to PT, and my left hip and back are still bugging me, although minimally compared to how they were. Fingers are crossed.
Okay, need to remind myself that I am still employed, and blogging is not part of my job description...
Things actually significantly lightened up yesterday when I passed off our Staten Island job to our sub-consultant. I went home on time, actually got a short run in, and watched a Netflix movie (V for Vendetta. It was pretty crappy, but I really dig Natalie Portman. With or without hair, she's awesome). I also got eight hours of sleep last night. Eight hours! Oh, the decadence!
Anyway, despite that fact that I don't have to come in this weekend, there's still a lot of work I need to do. I have no groceries... so I need to spend a day at Pathmark. I also need to clean my apartment: yesterday I thought to myself "hmmm, when did I get carpeting?" and then realized that the cat has just been shedding a lot. Plus I have a bunch of Flyers stuff to attend to... posting meeting minutes, and starting the July issue.
I'm supposed to go out to Long Island with some friends on Saturday, something I committed to some time back, just to force myself to get the day off work. Earlier this week, when it looked like I might not get these drawings out, I though I'd have to cancel it, but I can have some fun after all. Friday night brings me, likely, to an event at Bohemian Hall. Alternatively, there's a Flyer event, but considering that the Beer Garden is one of my favourite NYC hangs, and the Central Park Boathouse is... not, then there isn't much of a contest.
And -- as amazing as it is -- I'm running again! Granted, I've only gone twice this week for a total of 8 whole miles, but it's still running... It came to my attention earlier this week that Chicago is only 17 weeks away, and I went into a mini-panic and did a 4 miler on Tuesday morning. It felt terrible, like I hadn't run in a month (I hadn't). I still intend to do the marathon though, and even if I don't need a Boston Qualifier anymore, I need to start building mileage again... I'm also planning on doing the Father's day race Sunday, but only as a training run (not by choice, given the shape I'm in). The downside to all of this is that I'm still going to PT, and my left hip and back are still bugging me, although minimally compared to how they were. Fingers are crossed.
Okay, need to remind myself that I am still employed, and blogging is not part of my job description...
Labels: running, social life, work


6 Comments:
I'll be running Father's day too -- just as a run, not a race. I've got to be building up mileage for the NYC half in August. I'm definitely behind in my training. I'll be the one running in the back and saying "hi" to the WABC trucks as I run by (that's where I work so they know me).
Hate to break this to you but it's 16 weeks til Chicago (same amount til Steamtown!). Fingers are crossed for you...
Glad you're finally able to break free from work!
Hey thanks for dropping by to both of you...
Chelly, I'll hope to see you out on Sunday, well groomed for the coworkers, no doubt! And hope you catch up on the training!
Uptown, I did say that it was 17 weeks earlier in the week when I started running again, so yes, indeed you are correct that, by the time I posted, it was only 16 weeks and three days away from both Steamtown and Chicago.
Regardless, I still need many crossed fingers, so thanks for that.
You're doing Steamtown? Good luck with your training!
"Okay, need to remind myself that I am still employed, and blogging is not part of my job description..."
It's not? :-p
Hey you should take a few weeks off since you are hurt...not worth getting hurt during the training sessions. Since Dan Lam is thinking about not doing Chi-cago...want to train together sometime during the summer weekends? Your work ethic will push me to come work out more and we can switch on and off on pace...
I'll be back in a month training...taking some time off for my legs...
Glad you got the day off...I know the job description...
Flygirl, unfortunately I can't find a project number to bill blogging to at work. Otherwise, I'd make it my full time profession. Kinda like you do. Hee.
Hey trakboy, does Dan want his name splashed all over someone's blog? You might want to check into that. I assume you are completely joking about taking more time off... I didn't run a step for four weeks (and only 9 miles in the two weeks before that)! Am I supposed to not run for 2 months and then start a 12 week marathon training schedule? Sounds a little suicidal!
<< Home