The Return to Normalcy
This has been my schedule for the last two weeks:
6:00 AM Wake, shower, shave, brush teeth, feed cat, get dressed.
6:30 AM Leave home, hop on the subway
7:00 AM Work
12:30-1 PM Lunch
6:00 PM Dinner
10:30 PM Leave work, hop on the subway
11:00 PM Home. Change, feed cat, brush teeth, go to bed.
That's basically been it, with a few days that varied from that routine.
Tuesday night, though, I stayed at the office until 1:15 AM. I was making good progress, and it was the last night to work on the project. I didn't get to sleep until 3 AM, though, and just got 3 and a half hours sleep. But it was the final day, so I pushed on and sent the drawings off to our prime consultant at 6:15 PM. I was out the door at 6:22 PM. It was daylight. Tonight I bought groceries and did laundry, two things I'd deemed unnecessary in the last couple of weeks. An then I came home, looked at my e-mail and checked out a few things on the web.
So for now, that major deadline has passed. Things can get back to normal, finally.
Tomorrow and Friday will be another push for another project I've neglected, but it won't be as bad, and this time I know I'll have a weekend free - something that actually hasn't happened in about a month.
I also expect to go for a run, albeit a very short one, tomorrow. I received my hotel reservation confirmation for Boston '08 yesterday, and if that's not inspiring, I don't know what is.
6:00 AM Wake, shower, shave, brush teeth, feed cat, get dressed.
6:30 AM Leave home, hop on the subway
7:00 AM Work
12:30-1 PM Lunch
6:00 PM Dinner
10:30 PM Leave work, hop on the subway
11:00 PM Home. Change, feed cat, brush teeth, go to bed.
That's basically been it, with a few days that varied from that routine.
Tuesday night, though, I stayed at the office until 1:15 AM. I was making good progress, and it was the last night to work on the project. I didn't get to sleep until 3 AM, though, and just got 3 and a half hours sleep. But it was the final day, so I pushed on and sent the drawings off to our prime consultant at 6:15 PM. I was out the door at 6:22 PM. It was daylight. Tonight I bought groceries and did laundry, two things I'd deemed unnecessary in the last couple of weeks. An then I came home, looked at my e-mail and checked out a few things on the web.
So for now, that major deadline has passed. Things can get back to normal, finally.
Tomorrow and Friday will be another push for another project I've neglected, but it won't be as bad, and this time I know I'll have a weekend free - something that actually hasn't happened in about a month.
I also expect to go for a run, albeit a very short one, tomorrow. I received my hotel reservation confirmation for Boston '08 yesterday, and if that's not inspiring, I don't know what is.
Labels: daily grind, work


1 Comments:
Hotel Reservation for Boston 08? Is that necessary this early? Oh man! maybe I should get on that...or maybe I can ask you if you need a roommate? Since you had pushed me to Boston Qualify...
Normalcy is a good feeling and well...also being healthy is another after training so hard...I'm taking a month off with a few runs here and there, but hopefully we can meet up and run one Saturday...
Normalcy is good...
<< Home