Everybody's workin' for the weeked...
To quote a fine Canadian band. Okay, perhaps calling Loverboy "fine" is a bit of a stretch.
Anyway, it's not so. It's just me, apparently. I have two deadlines next week, and one of the projects has really backed up on me. I was in the office from 9 A.M. until midnight Friday night, and it's looking like today, Saturday, will amount to much of the same thing. Tomorrow's plan includes a lot of work, but I do intend to step out to see a friend at some point for a beer, pending my progress up till then. Monday, Memorial Day, will be another 15-hour day. If you're a Flyer, don't hold your breath at the start of the month for the newsletter. It would take a miracle at this point. Even my cat hates me right now.
All that said, I figured I deserve a blog break.
My back is much better, but not great. It only hurts on the odd occasion now. I had a second appointment with the PT this past week, and he gave me some more exercises to do, but I've been too busy to do them for the most part. I haven't run at all in nearly three weeks, and as of tomorrow, I'll have only put in 9 miles in the four weeks since the marathon. I keep planning to start but time is at a premium right now. Maybe tomorrow...
I'm not especially stressed over any of this. I've just kind of numbed myself to it all, as every time I foresee the workload lightening up, someone pulls the rug out from under me. What's the use in hoping anymore?
But I do hope everyone's spring is going well. I hear the weather has been beautiful lately. Anyway, time to get back to my numbness...
Anyway, it's not so. It's just me, apparently. I have two deadlines next week, and one of the projects has really backed up on me. I was in the office from 9 A.M. until midnight Friday night, and it's looking like today, Saturday, will amount to much of the same thing. Tomorrow's plan includes a lot of work, but I do intend to step out to see a friend at some point for a beer, pending my progress up till then. Monday, Memorial Day, will be another 15-hour day. If you're a Flyer, don't hold your breath at the start of the month for the newsletter. It would take a miracle at this point. Even my cat hates me right now.
All that said, I figured I deserve a blog break.
My back is much better, but not great. It only hurts on the odd occasion now. I had a second appointment with the PT this past week, and he gave me some more exercises to do, but I've been too busy to do them for the most part. I haven't run at all in nearly three weeks, and as of tomorrow, I'll have only put in 9 miles in the four weeks since the marathon. I keep planning to start but time is at a premium right now. Maybe tomorrow...
I'm not especially stressed over any of this. I've just kind of numbed myself to it all, as every time I foresee the workload lightening up, someone pulls the rug out from under me. What's the use in hoping anymore?
But I do hope everyone's spring is going well. I hear the weather has been beautiful lately. Anyway, time to get back to my numbness...


0 Comments:
<< Home