The past week
Last week was busy. Had a job interview (it kind of fell into my lap but turned out to be something I wasn't interested in anyway), I lost my wallet and got it back the next day, but not before canceling all my credit cards and my ATM card. Had my first day off of work in a month. Cleaned the apartment and went grocery shopping (normally these aren't special events, but they are with work the way it's been lately). Went to some wineries in Long Island with a few friends, as well as strawberry picking, and I still can't say that with a straight face. Went out with my buddy Ted for beers on Friday. Watched two more movies on Netflix (Hotel Rwanda: good not great, and Team America: somewhat funny but not hysterical).
I even ran the five mile race on Sunday. I ran it as just a training run, stopping and walking for a bit at each mile.
But the biggest laugh of the week was seeing this during the race:
I thought I was pushing myself. Not compared to this girl who was running while carrying her dog! It actually took me some time to pass her to get a better picture...

I wondered if there was an awards category for this, and thought there should be.
Anyway, I was glad I raced, and for a change, I stuck around and socialized for a while, and took some more pictures. It was a selfish effort on my part - during the last couple of months quality photos on the Flyers site have been scarce, particularly if you're the newsletter editor trying to fill the pages with eye candy. Happily, my fellow Flyer, Trakmaniak brought out his fancy new camera, so hopefully I won't have to in the future.
I even ran the five mile race on Sunday. I ran it as just a training run, stopping and walking for a bit at each mile.
But the biggest laugh of the week was seeing this during the race:
I thought I was pushing myself. Not compared to this girl who was running while carrying her dog! It actually took me some time to pass her to get a better picture...
I wondered if there was an awards category for this, and thought there should be.
Anyway, I was glad I raced, and for a change, I stuck around and socialized for a while, and took some more pictures. It was a selfish effort on my part - during the last couple of months quality photos on the Flyers site have been scarce, particularly if you're the newsletter editor trying to fill the pages with eye candy. Happily, my fellow Flyer, Trakmaniak brought out his fancy new camera, so hopefully I won't have to in the future.
Labels: daily grind, running, social life


3 Comments:
Hey this only occurs when I am not racing. I thoroughly enjoy taking pictures, although when I am seriously racing...I will still bring out my camera.
Eh...I won't be racing for a month...so enjoy the month (till say August) with the pictures...
Love the pics. I know that dog can run faster than me though.
p.s. I hope you don't mind but I tagged you on my blog. It sounded like you might have a little time on your hands right now. :)
I am commenting on the newer post which is locked. OMG -- tall, handsome AND smart!!! Look out NYC!!!!
;-)
And may I add that for a photographer, you sure don't put too many pitchers on this website....
Now that i've said all that I will sign off anonymous an dlet you guess who I am. Hope to see you mid July if I can get back to NYC.
cheers!!!!!!!!!!
<< Home