Friday, June 13, 2008

Running Goals

One of the questions I answered on the Flyers June Spotlight questionnaire was about goals for the year.

Unfortunately, I discovered that the Flyers' Spotlight page doesn't really have much in the way of space to elaborate on the goals that I have. So here's the uncut version of my goals for 2008. (OK, so I know we're already halfway done with the year, but you'll need to trust me that most of these are in fact what I thought up in January.)

1. To avoid a major injury. This of course takes precedent over all the following goals. I was smart enough to postpone Boston earlier this year with a minor injury in order to prevent it from becoming a major one - that's the kind of good sense I'm talking about here.

2. To run two thousand miles this year. That's an average of 38.46 miles per week. I'm on track to do it, and expect to hit about 975 by the end of June.

3. To set ten new PRs, whatever the distance. So far I've got five, and I think a few more are reasonable: 5k, 10M, and 1M, and possibly another 10k, or Half Marathon.

4. To requalify for Boston with another sub-3:16 marathon. This would also likely be a marathon PR, but even if it's a 3:15:59, I'd be happy.

5. To run a marathon in Canada. More recently I had decided that this would be my home town marathon, the Manitoba Marathon, in Winnipeg.

So there they are in all their glory. And I intend to knock off at least one of those this weekend. Maybe even two or three, if I'm really lucky. Off I go...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home