Friday, July 13, 2007

It's Party Time! (No, really this time...)

I'm at home alone on a Friday night, typing in my blog. I'm such a partier.

It's just as well. It's Friday the 13th, and I'd probably go out tonight and get killed in some East Harlem gang war, and all my guests tomorrow would be pissed at me for not showing up.

So I do plan to make up for my lack of carousing tomorrow night, at my Bohemian Hall Blowout. At the moment I have 72 confirmed attendees, 15 maybes, and 27 who haven't replied yet. And I've already heard from a bunch of the latter two groups that said they'll actually be there (the eternal mystery to me is how anyone can't click yes and submit. It seems pretty easy to do, but maybe I overestimate the abilities of some of my friends. Whatever.). so from my perspective, I could have 80+ people coming. Cool.

This is not what I expected, mind you. I felt optimistic in estimating about 40 guests. What happened to summer vacations, and the "I don't want to leave Manhattan" crowd?? But so many are coming out. I don't know why. It's Queens, you know, guys. It really is a trek to get out there. Maybe a lot of people will bail.

Not that I want them to, mind you. I'm just not one to get my hopes up when it comes to throwing a party. The beer garden is huge, and can accommodate nearly a thousand people (find a place like that in Manhattan!). Unfortunately though, they won't reserve for guests. It's all first come; first served, so there may be a scarcity of seating. I am hoping people come and go throughout the afternoon/evening/night, so that not the whole bunch is there at the same time, and I get to chat with lots of friends. Two friends of mine are bringing their kids in the afternoon at 4 PM (kids allowed until 9 PM in the beer garden, FYI), and it already looks like there's a second shift coming between 7 & 8. So I guess the party will be PG in the afternoon, and R-rated in the evening. Maybe NC-17 if we're really lucky. Or if I'm really lucky, anyway. Heehee.

I'm not as party crazy as I was last year about the birthday thing. This year, I just see it as an excuse to get friends together. After last year's extravaganza, I actually wasn't going to do another birthday thing until the big four-oh. However, I realised that I always wanted to have a celebration at Bohemian Hall, and there's a good chance of me getting tossed out of this country before that happens if I wait a few more years. So I figured better sooner than later. And whereas last year I split my groups up into smaller events, this year I just kept it simple and invited pretty much everybody for one night.

And on that note, if you're reading this and weren't on the official evite, consider this your invitation. See you there.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger brunettechicagogal said...

I also don't get it when people don't reply to an Evite. How friggin' easy is it? I've had more than one person tell me they don't want to hit "maybe" because they're afraid they'll be perceived as lame. Very strange, indeed.

Looking forward to the R-rated version of the party.

7/14/07, 2:33 PM  

<< Home