Monday, October 02, 2006

This is no cold.

Last week my symptoms were stuffy sinuses, sneezing and coughing: all the earmarks of a run-of-the-mill cold. Inconvenient, but no big deal, and it was basically gone by Friday (it got better despite doing all my training runs). But over the weekend I had chest congestion and very low energy levels. I was out drinking on both Friday night (a lot!) and Saturday night (not so much) so those may contributed to this body's breakdown. Whatever cold I had has morphed into something entirely different. Now I feel terrible. No wonder my running this weekend was so crappy. By the time the evening rolled around yesterday, my entire body ached, and I was starting to get chills. I stayed up, though, because a friend said she was going to call me late and I hadn't talked to her in awhile.

Despite the pain, I'm at work. I may leave early if my head, back, legs, and sides (oh, wait, that's pretty much all of me) are killing me like they are this morning. Plus, if it's some kind of flu, it's really not nice of me to be spreading it around. But then, I'm just a generous type of guy. I'm thinking it's some kind of thoat infection or something. I brought a big carton of OJ to work to load myself with vitamin C.

I was trying to decide on going to pilates vs. a group loop tonight, but it'll probably be bed for me.

I feel like death. I hate this crap.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger runner26 said...

Sounds like the flu..ick. Get better soon!

10/2/06, 11:35 AM  
Blogger brunettechicagogal said...

Oh, that sucks. Go home now and sleep!

10/2/06, 11:42 AM  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Let me know if you need anything. Feel better!

10/3/06, 7:26 AM  

<< Home