The Virus
It's been about three or four years since I've been really, really sick. Until this week, that is.
Somewhere along the way, sickness crosses a fine line between tolerable-but-annoying-discomfort, and OH-THE-HORROR!!! It's that point where one suddenly finds one's self being pummelled in tag-team by the sweats, chills, fever, and an overwhelming sensitivity to the finest pinpoint of light or sound. It's like a hangover on steroids. Monday evening I really thought I was going to die. Lucky I'm a fighter.
I haven't been to work since I left early Monday afternoon, and today I'm nearly recovered. The timing was actually lucky - if it was a day or two later, I wouldn't have been making this trip to Montreal, and would've missed my friend's wedding. It looks like I'll be good to go up tomorrow. Coming back on Monday. Should be fun (if they let me back in the country, that is)!
Somewhere along the way, sickness crosses a fine line between tolerable-but-annoying-discomfort, and OH-THE-HORROR!!! It's that point where one suddenly finds one's self being pummelled in tag-team by the sweats, chills, fever, and an overwhelming sensitivity to the finest pinpoint of light or sound. It's like a hangover on steroids. Monday evening I really thought I was going to die. Lucky I'm a fighter.
I haven't been to work since I left early Monday afternoon, and today I'm nearly recovered. The timing was actually lucky - if it was a day or two later, I wouldn't have been making this trip to Montreal, and would've missed my friend's wedding. It looks like I'll be good to go up tomorrow. Coming back on Monday. Should be fun (if they let me back in the country, that is)!
Labels: Health


3 Comments:
You sounded so rough on Tuesday that it scared me. I'm glad you're making a miraculous recovery. Hope they let you back across the border on Monday.
Geez, you poor thing. That really sounds bad! I have never been that sick, knock on wood. Glad you're feeling better. Have fun at the wedding, and good luck with the Homeland folks.
Happy Thanksgiving! Did they let you back in?
<< Home